Our Virtual Summer Camps have everything your kiddo needs for a great summer:
- Authentic & Immersive Interaction with teachers and their fellow campers. Collaboration and socialization with small groups is vital for their socio-emotional development.
- Movement! All of this time inside means that moving our bodies is more important than ever before.
- Imagination! We firmly believe that with a little bit of magic and imagination, we can transform a difficult situation into one that your mini adventurers will leap off the couch for.
Our camps will be a maximum of 7 kiddos to be sure that each child has lots of personal attention and interaction.
Morning Session: 9:30am-11:00am
9:30am-10:10am – We will welcome our campers with fun games and activities to warm up our bodies, voices and imaginations. Then, our campers will learn new dance choreography each day!
10:10am-10:25am – We will open our magical treasure trunk to begin craft time (**More details on this below) and snack break! We will create a new, innovative craft every day corresponding to our camp theme, and then take a quick snack break.
~Students are welcome to stay online for this, or hop off for a screen time break.~
10:25am-11:00am – We will open our treasure trunk for a second time to reveal our storybook of the day. Our teacher will read the book with our campers, before embarking on our “story drama” for the day – where kiddos will get to act out the plot, play the characters, and add their own unique personalities to the story. We will conclude our days with a little closing circle to say goodbye.
Afternoon Session: 1:30pm-3:00pm
(Schedule breakdown same as above!)
1:30-2:10pm – Warm Ups & Dance Time!
2:10-2:25pm – Craft Time & Snack
2:25-3:00pm – Story Drama & End of Day
Zoom link for each camp day, plus additional information will be sent by email the week prior to your camp starting.
**CRAFT DELIVERY – We are thrilled to offer contactless drop off of craft supplies in select Brooklyn neighborhoods, as well as shipment of crafts to any campers near or far. To receive craft supplies, campers must be registered one week in advance of the camp start date.
Those registered afterwards will receive any printable craft documents, as well as a list of household items to have on hand to complete the week’s crafts. We know that parents are working incredibly hard right now, and we don’t want to add any unnecessary stress, so all crafts will call for simple items that everyone will most likely have lying around their homes.
If available to you, items to have handy for crafts include:
– markers or crayons
– tape or glue
– paint and paintbrushes
We are so thankful to still be connecting with all of our wonderful kiddos, and meeting so many new friends in this virtual world!
In Person Camps
Come join us as we explore the world of drama and dance using the themes and music from our favorite stories! Each day will be filled with dramatic games to warm up our bodies and voices and get our imaginations ready for theatrical exploration. Students will learn essential theatre skills and terms, engage in dramatic play, explore dance and movement, and create artwork each day.
For Summer Camps, come watch your child use all their new skills in a final demonstration at the end of the week! All camps include an online album of photos and video at the end of the camp so you can see your child’s work.
Whether your child already enjoys performing or is a little hesitant, our camps are aimed to boost their confidence and get them excited about being themselves!
Sample Daily Camp Schedule
- 9:00-9:30- Theatre warm ups to get our bodies and voices ready for the day
- 9:30-10:00 – Dance and Movement Class
- 10:00-10:30 – Word of the Day & Craft
- 10:30-10:45 – Snack Break
- 10:45-11:15 – Story Drama (Reading stories and acting them out)
- 11:15-12:00 – Skill building and rehearsing for end of the week performance
- 12:00 – Pick up
- 12:00-3:00 (*optional*) – Extended camp will include an additional story each day, outside play, and time for lunch